Wednesday 18 September 2013

Lunchtime in Balezino

After missing stops in Niznhy Novograd (3.45am) and Kirov (9.55am), I finally managed to get off the train at Balezino at lunchtime today for my first experience of the platform stalls that are supposed to be a feature of most stations.








Disappointingly, none of them sold beer (I hope that isn't a common feature at all stations!) but I did manage to pick up a rather lovely strawberry ice cream sundae for lunch :-)




And of course get a lovely photo of the outside of my cabin (mine's is just beside the big badge).





I'm away back to my book now - haven't got started on War & Peace yet, still trying to finish Hemmingway's "For Whom The Bell Tolls". Just hurry up and blow up the bloody bridge, will you ? Jeez.

Location:Balezino

No comments:

Post a Comment